Representatives from ForMento based in San Sebastian, Spain were invited to attend the C1 Staff Training Event held in May to share their views on entrepreneurship and innovation, which is a key aspect of the Life Online Project.
ForMento, which is supported by municipality but is an independent agency is forging innovation and entrepreneurship in order to boost economic development of San Sebastian. ForMento do this by promoting their knowledge of city working in startup business, thus creating a “City of Talent”. They work with different sectors by bringing stakeholders together with a common aim.
They also have an innovation strategy to promote research and innovation as key elements in the transformation of San Sebastian’s Socioeconomic model, based on cooperation with Research, Development & Innovation Centres and Universities.
Objectives of the innovation strategy:
- Promote emerging and technological sectors through innovation based knowledge.
- Foster the creation of spin-offs and the innovative entrepreneur.
- Technology transfer and dissemination int he economy
- Promote employment opportunities for Talent
- Create a San Sebastian City Lab (Technology Testing) – An opportunity to turn San Sebastian into a city of Science and Real Innovation.
Their work in Entrepreneurship include:
- EKIN+ – which is a mentoring service to young people and speed up business development
- Donostia EKIN Soziala – Which is a Social Innovator Entrepreneur
- YUZZ – (I am a Young Entrepreneur) Boosts entrepreneurship among young people with technology based projects and provides mentoring and advice in order to bring ideas to the market.
- Pop up Commerce – Testing new strategies and innovative models for local commerce by identifying new services and testing ideas.
ForMento concluded with information on Talent House which provides accommodation to researchers to do research in the city in line with the Innovation Strategy.